Monday, May 18, 2015

Mountains, fields & expectations

This weekend ruled. Most of my time was spent outside, by a fire, in the mountains or running around in a field catching fireflies with people. 

One of my favorite places in this town. A good place to just chill. A lot of thinking goes down here.                 

So I saw a firefly on the way home & made my friend run in a field with me to catch them. Real talk: sort of like in Harry Potter when the crazy aunt runs around in chaos and just laughs. Yeah, that was me.                                                                                                                                                           
                                    

A lesson I'm learning is to be free from the unrealistic expectations I've set in my mind for how I should be or the mile markers that I should be reaching. So, I'm 24 and I like running around in fields and catching fireflies. Not ashamed.

Excuse the ratchet picture quality... #androidlife. I like them.

                                     

 [A shout out to this friend. She's the sidekick to most of my shenanigans].

What do you think about when you hear the word "expectations"?

No comments:

Post a Comment