Friday, May 15, 2015

Friendship: Ride or Die Style

On Sunday I heard a legit sermon on friendship. Check it out here!

Later on Sunday, I got a feeling that it was going to be a bad week. A sense that bad things were coming, to be ready. For those of you who know me, I'm a self-proclaimed realist but not a pessimist, so I thought it was weird! Anyways, to say the least, this week has been horrible. I'm overwhelmed. Lots of weird, hard & heartbreaking things. By 4 pm on Tuesday, I started to cry because I realized it was only Tuesday. Yes, that kind of week. I know you feel me.

Here are some fun but real talk things from this week with precious friends [they may or may not have also been tweeted about]:

- an extra long hug from one of my youth girls' mom as she says "it's okay sweetie, we're all a little crazy"
- being beaten with a pig eraser pencil because I said something about myself that was untrue.
- a friend looking at me straight up saying "that's a heart issue". Knowing her love for me, I could only laugh & agree. I laughed because there was no way out ;)
- same friend saying "yeah, I know you're having a rough week. You look like it"
- getting fun surprises at my door step that included a coloring book.
- being told 10 really nice things about myself in one sentence... Actually, within the same breath. Reminders of who I am in Christ. Regardless if I could believe it about myself or not.
- walking in to work to find a bag of Twizzlers, which were half eaten by 9 am... no judgment.
- a Chik-fil-a cookie!
- a care package of glitter, tea, yoga things & a shark cup... my fave!

I don't think I would have made it through this week without them!!! And although I hope that none of them go through bad times, if they do I hope I can love them at least half as well as they have loved me. So thankful to God that He uses people to display His love and encouragement. He is the legit #rideordie  
         


                                         

[The person who beat me with  pig eraser requested an appearance :) ]



What memories do you carry from a time when you hated your week & a friend loved on you?






1 comment:

  1. nuh-uh! SINCE WHEN?! LOVE this! super happy now lol
    check this out ;)
    http://hisprincesswarrior.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete